Movie Screenings Accounced for Celebration Chicago!


Movie screenings have been announced for Celebration Chicago! Taking place over four days (no screenings on Saturday) all ten Star Wars movies will be screened at the connected Marriott Marquis hotel.

The full schedule is;

Thursday
Solo 13:00-15:15
Rogue One 15:25-17:30

Friday
A New Hope 12:00-14:40
The Empire Strikes Back 14:30-16:40
Return of the Jedi 16:50-19:00

Sunday
The Force Awakens 12:00-14:20
The Last Jedi 14:30-16:50
The Phantom Menace 17:00-19:10

Monday
Attack of the Clones 12:00-14:25
Revenge of the Sith 14:35-16:55

The screenings are free to anyone with a Celebration badge on a first-come, first served basis. It's not been announced if they will be clearing the screening room between movies but with a only a 10 minute turn around time between movies I'd guessing not.

Honestly, I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand I'm thrilled that they're doing screenings, watching the films with a room full of fans is an incredible experience and one I highly recommend to everyone. On the other hand, I'm really disappointed by the timing of the screenings. Celebration screenings are normally held after the convention ends for the day, giving fans a place to relax and hang out together after a day of amazing experiences. By putting the screenings during the day they're going to clash with so many other things that people are doing. I didn't do the screenings in London and was hoping they'd do them in Chicago, but now I'm not sure I will. There's too much I want to do and see during the day. Of course I could always be tempted if the Prequels were in 3D...

The order is a little strange. Apparently it was done to make The Phantom Menace screening the Sunday night ahead of Monday's 20th anniversary panel. I can see the logic there, but that being the case I'd have probably put the TFA and TLJ on Thursday (ahead of the IX panel) and the Star Wars Stories on Sunday. Just feels a little less strange that way than having TPM follow the sequels. But that's just me, and given the schedule I very much doubt anyone will be sitting through more than a couple of films anyway so it doesn't matter.

But that's not really important. The good news is there are screenings that don't require D23 membership and you will have the chance to see your favourite Star Wars movie (or movies) on the big screen, surrounded by hundreds of fans. There's nothing quite like it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lightspeed Lane, Panel Reservations & Virtual Queue Guide 2022

First Details on New Virtual Queuing System Revealed

Funko Exclusives Announced for Star Wars Celebration 2022